Eligibility: PreK-12 Santa Barbara County Public School Teachers.
Subject area: Any
Application Deadline: February 14, 2019
Grant application: Check back next Fall.
Grant Award: $2,500
Collaborative Learning Team Grant Description: The Collaborative Learning Team Grant is designed to support grade level or subject area teams working together at a single school site to design and implement innovative instruction in the new California State Standards. This grant will provide teams with funding for materials and to facilitate additional time for developing instructional elements.
Teams may apply for this grant to:
- Develop original materials, strategies, and curriculum that align to CA State Standards.
- Develop original lessons or programs that other teachers and teams can adapt.
- Develop assessments, and data collection tools to monitor student learning and inform instruction.
- Participate in professional learning opportunities.
- Experiment with ways to solve specific instructional challenges presented by the new CA State Standards.
- Develop a project that encourages parent and/or community partnerships to improve student achievement of the standards.
Funds from the grant may be used for substitute pay, mileage, materials, etc. Grant funds will be paid to the school site or district. Grant payment information can be found HERE.
How are grants selected?
All applications are reviewed by members of the SBCEO Teachers Network Selection Committee. Applications are reviewed for completeness, and quality of responses to questions.
Grant writing tips:
The SBCEO Teachers Network Selection Committee is looking for a complete, polished application that thoroughly answers the questions in the application. Make certain that you follow all instructions, allow for ample time to complete all elements (including the Administrator Support Statement), and meet the application deadline.
When will we hear if our application was selected?
Notifications will be made approximately three weeks after the deadline.
Collaborative Learning Team Grant recipients will:
- Be recognized at the annual SBCEO Teachers Network, Education Celebration on May 24, 2018.
- Submit receipts for reimbursement of the grant funds no later than June 1 of the current school year.
- Prepare electronic materials or links that can be shared via the SBCEO Teachers Network website.
- Provide a brief written report of outcomes following implementation of the grant.
- Provide photographs that may be used for promotional purposes.
Click here to view previous Collaborative Learning Team Grant winners