Subject area: Technology Integration
Application Deadline: March 8, 2019
Three types of QAD TeachNet Technology Grants:
QADTeachNet Technology Innovator Grant ($1,000) Grant application: Click HERE for application. Application will download to your computer.
QAD TeachNet Technology Ready-Set-Tech Grant ($500) Grant application: Click HERE for application, it will download to your computer.
QAD TeachNet Technology Adapter Grant ($500) Grant application: Click HERE for application, it will download to your computer.
The QAD TeachNet Technology Grant Program, generously funded by QAD Inc., aims to improve student learning and achievement by addressing the technical, practical, and pedagogical issues surrounding integration of technology in classroom instruction. Three grant sub-categories are offered under the QAD TeachNet Technology Grant program: QAD Innovator Grants, QAD Ready-Set-Tech Grants, and QAD Adapter Grants.
– QAD Innovator Grants: Submit a standards-based and classroom-tested unit consisting of at least three lesson plans with content supported by technology.
– QAD Ready-Set-Tech Grants: Submit a single lesson that effectively uses technology to teach a standards-based lesson.
– QAD Adapter Grants: Adapt a lesson from a QAD TeachNet unit (units can be found here) to your classroom needs and submit your adapted lesson.
Who is eligible?
Any Santa Barbara County public school teacher or non-management certificated employee in grades Pre-K to12 in any subject or specialization may apply for the QAD TeachNet Technology Grants.
How are grants selected?
Grant applications are read and selected by a committee of teachers, administrators, and business and community partners. Annual funding levels determine the number of grants awarded each year.
How are grants funds awarded? Click HERE for details.
Grant writing tips:
The QAD Innovator Grant selection committee is looking for complete, polished units with fully developed lessons that effectively integrate technology into the curriculum. There must be a minimum of three comprehensive lesson plans included in the application.
The QAD Ready-Set-Tech Grant selection committee is looking for a complete, polished lesson that effectively integrates technology into the curriculum. There must be a minimum of one comprehensive lesson plan included in the application.
The QAD Adapter Grant selection committee is looking for an effective adaptation of a previous QAD TeachNet Technology Grant winner. Find them HERE.
When will I hear if my application was selected?
Notifications will be made approximately three to four weeks after the deadline.
QAD TeachNet Technology Grant recipients will:
- Be recognized at the Education Celebration event in the spring.
- May be asked to prepare a display of their projects to be presented at the Education Celebration and future events.
- Projects will be highlighted and digitally shared with other educators to encourage the dissemination of quality instructional practices.
Click here to view previous QAD TeachNet Technology Grant recipients and projects.