Eligibility: Only SBCEO certificated teachers or employees may apply.
Subject area: Any
Application Deadline: January 17, 2020.
Grant application: Click HERE for application. Application will download to your computer.
Funding level: $500 Grant payment information can be found HERE.
The Teacher Innovation Fund provides grants for Santa Barbara County Education Office teachers to creatively explore new ways of helping students learn. SBCEO teachers may apply to:
- Develop an original teaching idea or a new program which others can adapt.
- Enrich your curriculum to improve instruction.
- Participate in professional learning opportunities.
- Experiment with ways to solve specific instructional, classroom, and/or student-management problems.
- Develop a project that encourages parent and/or community partnerships.
- Develop a project that enhances the schools facility (e.g. visual art, recreation) and/or benefits students educationally.
Click here to view previous SBCEO Teacher Innovation Grant recipients and projects
Who is eligible?
Any Santa Barbara County Education Office certificated non-management teacher or employee may apply for the SBCEO Teacher Innovation Grants. This grant is open to applicants from grades Pre-K to 12 in any subject or specialization. Teachers are not eligible to receive funds for the same project in subsequent years. However, other eligible educators may apply to modify projects successfully piloted with these funds.
How are grants selected?
Grant applications are read and selected by a committee of teachers, administrators, and business and community partners. Five $500 grants are awarded each year.
How are grants funds awarded? Click HERE for details.
Grant writing tips:
The SBCEO Teacher Innovation Grant selection committee is looking for a complete, polished application that thoroughly explains the needs being addressed by the proposal or project, and that outlines the projects goals, activities, budget (if applicable), and timeline.
When will I hear if my application was selected?
Notifications will be made approximately three to four weeks after the deadline.
SBCEO Teacher Innovation Grant recipients will:
- Be recognized at an SBCEO Board Meeting in the spring.
- Submit receipts for reimbursement of the grant funds no later than June 1 of the current school year.
- Projects will be highlighted and digitally shared with other educators to encourage the dissemination of quality instructional practices.